2013 National Championships | Day one action

We take a look at the day one action of the 2013 National Paralympic 7-a-side Football Championships.

We take a look at the opening two matches of the 2013 National Paralympic 7-a-side Football Championships.

Queensland vs Victoria Final score: 2-1

The first game of the day saw Queensland take on Victoria and it was obvious that both teams were very nervous from the kick-off.

It was the national players in the Queensland team that tried to take control of the game but they weren-t able to finish.

The more the game went on both teams began to settle before a late tackle on one of the Victorian players saw a penalty awarded with Joseph Accetta taking the penalty like a veteran to give his side a 1-0 lead.

It was not until the 28th minute that Queensland finally managed to break down the Victorian defence when a long shot from Stacy Sarago-Ahkees managed to beat the diving Tim Moore with the scores remaining level at 1-1 into the half-time break.

The second half was much of the same as the first half but it wasn-t until the dying minutes that Queensland broke the deadlock through a goal from Scott Kennedy. The game continued from one end of the field to the other but would eventually finish with Queensland claiming the 2-1 victory.

NSW vs South Australia Final score: 3-0

In what was a nice moment prior to the match kicking off former Socceroo Alex Tobin former Socceroo presented NSW team with their playing shirts for the tournament as they look to defend their title.

The game between NSW and South Australia started with both teams being very calculated about the way they were going to play the match. Both sides were very patient when in control of the ball and it looked like it was going to be a good old arm wrestle.

Just as the day's first match played out the opening goal came from a penalty as Chris Pyne used all of his experience to slot it away easily and give his side a 1-0 lead at the half time interval.

NSW put in two goals shortly after the break to take the game away from the South Australians. The goals came in quick succession with Jack Williams scoring before Logan Campbell added the match's third and final goal a minute later.

Stay tuned for all the action from day 2.