2013 National Championships | Day two action

We take a look at the day two action of the 2013 National Paralympic 7-a-side Football Championships.

We take a look at the day two action of the 2013 National Paralympic 7-a-side Football Championships.

NSW vs Victoria Final Score: 1-1

NSW dominated the first half but were not able to put the ball in the back of the net with the Victorian defence holding strong to frustrate the NSW attack. Brett Fairhall went closest for NSW when he hit the bar from a shot just outside of the box.

Victoria came out in the second half and had a few early chances with NSW goalkeeper Ned McCabe called upon to pull off an excellent save.

With 15 mins to go NSW finally managed to break the deadlock with a goal to Chris Pyne but just as it looked NSW were heading for victory Cameron Gudgeon made a quick counter attack and broke through the NSW defence to slide the ball just past a diving McCabe to see the match end level.

South Australia vs Western Australia Final Score: 3 -3

There was a lot of fight and vigour in this match as two of the newest teams put everything they had into getting the win. The first half saw each other try and break down the defence but both sides held strong until the interval neared.

Young Pararoo Ryan Kinner managed to break the deadlock between the two teams on 26 minutes when he scored his first goal of the tournament to give South Australia a 1-0 half time lead.

Soon after the break Thomas Goodman increased South Australia's lead to 2 after some excellent build up work but WA weren't going down without a fight.

Michael Debenham quickly hit back to make the score 2-1 before it was 2-2 after Chris Minutillo scored.

Goals continued to come with South Australia regaining their lead in the 44th minute after a goal from Brayden Davidson but they had no time to enjoy their lead as Chris Minutillo scored his second for the match to level the scores at 3-3.

The last 15 minutes saw an exciting arm wrestle as both teams attempted to find that winning goal but the match would end locked up at 3-3.

NSW vs Queensland Final Score: 5:0

NSW came out determined to put on a better performance than their 1-1 draw from earlier in the day and had the perfect start as Brett Fairhall opened the scoring in the 3rd minute.

Fourteen minutes into the match NSW Captain Chris Pyne added to the score by slotting a header past the Queensland keeper Jamie Paulsen.

Chris Pyne then had a chance to double his tally when NSW were awarded a penalty on 20 minutes but put his shot wide of the posts.

Shortly after Queensland had their best chance of the half as a long range shot from Stacey Sarago-Ahkees forced the NSW keeper Sam Larkings to pull off a great save.

As the half-time interval approached James Turner had his shot well saved by Paulsen by would have his goal soon after when he scored from the resulting corner as the score moved to 3-0 at the half.

Both sides failed to create many chances in the second half until Pyne got his second with five minutes remaining after a quality corner delivery from Jack Williams.

With a minute to go in the match debutant James Hunt scored his first ever goal after some excellent work from the NSW team managed to give Hunt an open goal to put it away easily to see the final score at 5-0.

Victoria vs Western Australia Final Score: 3-2

Ben Roche made his first appearance for the Victorian team and made an immediate impression as he scored in the third minute before having a brace 24 minutes in as he gave his side a 2-0 lead.

However Western Australia in their typical fighting spirit hit back just before half time through a goal to Chris Minutillo to make the score 2-1 at the half.

The second half saw both teams attacking each others goal but it wasn-t until 5 minutes before full time that Cameron Gudgeon was able to increase the Victorian lead to 3-1.

Once again Western Australia hit back immediately through an excellent goal by Michael Debenham but unfortunately for them they ran out of time to find a leveller as Victoria got the 3-2 win.